Board Clean-up

Updates and functionality to the site will be posted here by Site Admin.
Red Baron
Site Admin

Board Clean-up

Post by Red Baron » Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:55 pm

Dear users,

After I have gone through some of the older material I decided it is time to clean up this site. Some of the posts found here are shocking, especially for younger viewers. The offender is no longer an active member here so that is one less headache.

I also came a cross a lot of swearing (especially from Mr. Moertoe). I have put filters in place to faze out these words as I don't think you as adults need such words to express yourselves. The filters put in place are to replace "bad" words with a more fun word and it will still boil down to what was meant to be said/written. Should you come up with an even better replacement word, please post it here and we will add it for you.

Please do not take this in a negative way, but I know there are posters here with children and after seeing what I saw today, I am certain that these parents wouldn't have wanted their children or even wives to see/read some of these threads.

This site is small with a few active posters and I have to admit you all seem a close bunch of friends and hardly any moderation is needed on this board because you all post in a mature way (maybe not Mr. Moertoe so much but hopefully he can work on it). What I am trying to say is that all of you are a wonderful bunch of people and we are privileged to have you as our members, we truly are.

Again please don't take this filtering the wrong way, we are merely creating a safe "surfing environment" where even your children can read and participate if they desire to do so. I know some of you don't have children and don't really care, BUT, your inputs/threads/posts here contain 99% of the time valuable information, which hopefully youngsters will listen to or take to heart.

I would like to thank your for your understanding. To those who feel offended, we are really sorry and we do understand should you not want to participate on our little forum anymore.

Very best regards,

Red Baron

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Re: Board Clean-up

Post by Moertoe Pilut » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:19 am

Guilty as charged....No worries, I'll "clean up" my vocabulary as I do understand your point.

87Juliet
1000 feet Poster
South Africa

Post by 87Juliet » Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:24 am

Happiness. :thanx: :thanx:

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Post by Bell 407 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:28 am

Red Baron wrote:This site is small with a few active posters and I have to admit you all seem a close bunch of friends and hardly any moderation is needed on this board because you all post in a mature way

I think this hit the nail on the head. Nice bunch of people here :thanx: :thanx:

great dane
1000 feet Poster
Denmark

Post by great dane » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:56 am

What a farking crap load of manure.
Tester

great dane
1000 feet Poster
Denmark

Post by great dane » Mon Dec 07, 2015 11:58 am

great dane wrote:What a farking crap load of manure.

Like it :haha:

I must admit that I think 'bad' words is one of the lesser problems on this planet :outtahere:

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Post by Bell 407 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:11 pm

Nice one GD to put through a tester - never thought of that. You get the rest of the day off :funny:

C D Kruger
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Post by C D Kruger » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:50 pm

B407 and Red Baron it is tempting VERY Tempting too test this with a couple of choice afrikaanse phrases :peekaboo: but it is most probably going to get me :whip: over the knuckles and a :carton: maybe if I had a couple of :beer: :beer: so before I test me boundaries let me be :outtahere: :beer2:

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Post by Bell 407 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:53 pm

Great post CD :haha:

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Post by Moertoe Pilut » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:08 pm

Hahaha CD :thumbs: I'm sure Afrikaans isn't a problem as most non South Africans wouldn't understand it.

C D Kruger
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Post by C D Kruger » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:51 pm

No No Moertoe heres a broom lady :avelina: and some halfday four holiday workers that will understand the taal I'm brave but not self destructive :nono:

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Post by Moertoe Pilut » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:22 pm

Hahahaha LMAO CD :haha: :haha: Send them to me on PM and I'll post them here. I'll bet you they'll modify it to something hilarious.

happyskipper
Taxying Poster
Mozambique

Post by happyskipper » Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:48 pm

So, what the fark prompted this bleeding massacre of our democratic rights to name a cat a box, etc??

:haha: