Are we on the right track?

Please submit your requests or suggestions for the site here. Seeing that it is your forum your suggestions will be appreciated.
Anonymous

Re: Are we on the right track?

Postby Anonymous » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:08 am

[quote=""Bingo""][quote=""Bingo""]I think we are doing well.....

Some Stats....

21 Feb 2012

Number of topics :316Topics per day :21.41
Number of users :50Users per day :3.39
Forum started :Mon 6 Feb 2012 - 18:53Number of activity points :3197

Image Image Image[/quote]

2 March 2012

StatisticValueStatisticValue
Number of topics :543Topics per day :21.81
Number of users :53Users per day :2.13
Forum started :Mon 6 Feb 2012 - 18:53Number of activity points :3454

I do not want to spoil the fun but how many of users do really post. If you look at the list you will see a lot of household names with zero posts. Why? There is room for improvement. So lets see how we can get a broader base of posters and we should ask our self why the household names that we know can post a lot are not posting. Do they only visit? Do they just lurk? Are they afraid? Or is it something else? Should we have more/different subjects/intrests? Can we arrange a poll what are we missing? Should there be adjustments? Lets make it work

Bingo
Engine Starting Poster

Postby Bingo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:14 am

[quote=""johnsa""][quote=""Bingo""][quote=""Bingo""]I think we are doing well.....

Some Stats....

21 Feb 2012

2 March 2012

I do not want to spoil the fun but how many of users do really post. If you look at the list you will see a lot of household names with zero posts. Why? There is room for improvement. So lets see how we can get a broader base of posters and we should ask our self why the household names that we know can post a lot are not posting. Do they only visit? Do they just lurk? Are they afraid? Or is it something else? Should we have more/different subjects/intrests? Can we arrange a poll what are we missing? Should there be adjustments? Lets make it work[/quote]

I just coupled my FI account to my Facebook account and sent out about 100 FB invites to aviation related FB Friends.

On the previous Forum there were about 7000 - 8000 Members, and how many ACTIVE ones..??

Not even 100 ..?? :guess:
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Thomas Edison

Duvel
Engine Starting Poster
Jolly Roger

Postby Duvel » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Just one suggestion. This forum software obviously has a default setting that it packs several quotes into one another when you only want to quote the last poster. Would it possible to change thet default setting to quoting the last post only?

I have sofar the deleted the embedded quotes but it can be annoying both deleting these quotes as well as reading through the previous posts again if someone doesn't delete them.

Duvel
Engine Starting Poster
Jolly Roger

Postby Duvel » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:54 pm

[quote=""Bingo""]
I just coupled my FI account to my Facebook account and sent out about 100 FB invites to aviation related FB Friends.

[/quote]

So, we will be swamped with Blue Bulls supporters? Eishhh......

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:59 pm

[quote=""Bingo""][quote=""johnsa""][quote=""Bingo""][quote=""Bingo""]I think we are doing well.....

Some Stats....

21 Feb 2012

2 March 2012

I do not want to spoil the fun but how many of users do really post. If you look at the list you will see a lot of household names with zero posts. Why? There is room for improvement. So lets see how we can get a broader base of posters and we should ask our self why the household names that we know can post a lot are not posting. Do they only visit? Do they just lurk? Are they afraid? Or is it something else? Should we have more/different subjects/intrests? Can we arrange a poll what are we missing? Should there be adjustments? Lets make it work[/quote]

On the previous Forum there were about 7000 - 8000 Members, and how many ACTIVE ones..??

Not even 100 ..?? :guess:[/quote]

I will not discuss the previous Forum since the founder of this forum does not like that. You are not answering the question.

How to get topposters to post. You are on the subject to get them sign up.

I'am not criticizing I am asking how to improve it and what can we do read my post.

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Postby Moertoe Pilut » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:15 pm

[quote=""johnsa""]I will not discuss the previous Forum since the founder of this forum does not like that. You are not answering the question.

I'am not criticizing I am asking how to improve it and what can we do read my post.[/quote]You have a very good point there John, unfortunately I don't have an answer. Have you got any suggestions?

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:33 pm

[quote=""Muntu Pilut""][quote=""johnsa""]I will not discuss the previous Forum since the founder of this forum does not like that. You are not answering the question.

I'am not criticizing I am asking how to improve it and what can we do read my post.[/quote]You have a very good point there John, unfortunately I don't have an answer. Have you got any suggestions?[/quote]

There should be constant activity that when people come to look around they see something new. If you do not see something that is of interest to you if that happens 3 times you do not come back.

The guys that did sign up most of them did on personal invitation you have to ask your self why they do not post. Ask them personally.

I think the Forum looks good. Posts are good but the forum should have added value for more people. How to do that is the one bar rand question.

Kompos
Engine Run Up Poster
France

Postby Kompos » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:26 pm

One obviously need to have movement in the form of posts. HOWEVER-quality posts are IMHO worth far more than an all comers type of approach. You then become as the ANC-a bubble waiting to burst.

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Postby Moertoe Pilut » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:35 pm

It's still early, the board has only been up for 28 days and is averaging 100 posts a day. Not to bad of a start. But time will tell, as they say, Rome wasn't build in one day.

Bingo
Engine Starting Poster

Postby Bingo » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:07 pm

One month old....

Number of topics :619Topics per day :21.40
Number of users :55Users per day :1.90
Forum started :Mon 6 Feb 2012 - 18:53Number of activity points :3849

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."

Thomas Edison

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Postby Moertoe Pilut » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:01 pm

Not bad at all, I think. As for room for improvement, ask and we'll do what is possible.

avi-addict
Taxying Poster

Postby avi-addict » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Ok I have a thread in mind - something like "learn while you go along" a thread where 'non-aviatiors/lay men can ask questions aviation related that they want clarity for To you pilots some questions can involve 'everday routine' but to the enquirer it could open a whole new world of knowledge. Some questions, like avi's for intance would sound simple and stupid to the flying veterens but to 'her' it would be something she does'nt know for e.g.:

When we passed ORTI the other day, a cargo B747 took off, passed us overhead and made a sharp left turn. Now to my 'poor' geographical knowledge, it flew in the direction of Cape Town, but it sure did'nt go to CT. What defines a left/right turn after take-off - your route, other traffic etc. Which way do you travel after take-off when passing over Africa - do you go straight. Far East- would you make a left turn and go in the direction of KZN etc. It's just interesting to know....Image :oops:
If you can't convince them, confuse them or cast a spell over them.  I'm the witch, then there's the cat and the broom . . .

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Postby Moertoe Pilut » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:17 pm

All routings (airways) are like highways, most of them aren't straight (direct line) either. Most airports have Standard Instrument Departures (SID's) which basically end up on the airway for the intended flight. Same goes for arrivals, you basically end the flight on a waypoint which is then the Standard Terminal Arrival (STAR).

As for the flight you saw departing, I can't say much about it, what runway did it depart from, was there weather near the airport....etc.

Your thread is a very good idea, let me know if you want us to create a separate for it or if you just want o make it a sticky or thread.

Cheers Avi!

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:08 am

Non Civilian and Other Aviation Forums, maybe add Armies in Afghanistan and Iraq. SAAF only makes it so South African and with the two Afghanistan and Iraq you get a lot of armies that have been there......the last 20 years. Would also make a hell of a photo thread.

avi-addict
Taxying Poster

Postby avi-addict » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:16 pm

Tnx Munts - perhaps a thread like "I WANT TO KNOW. . . " BUT on one condition. . . . it MUST concern flying, airplanes etc, ONLY, in other words, strictly aviation related questions - something like the "Did you Know" chappies wrapper - the only difference is the member/visitor ask the questions to get the answers from the pro's. This is just a suggestion - I will ask questions anyway .....Image special thread or not.......
If you can't convince them, confuse them or cast a spell over them.  I'm the witch, then there's the cat and the broom . . .

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Postby Moertoe Pilut » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:49 pm

Ok Avi, your forum is up, fire away!

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Maybe we can have a a forum "The o so wrong music video butlekker"

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Postby Moertoe Pilut » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:21 pm

How about creating a thread in The Braai forum and I'll make it a sticky?? Image

Anonymous

Postby Anonymous » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:46 pm

we can do that but how to say de foute plaat in goed Engels

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Postby Moertoe Pilut » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:24 am

De foute plaat is about a sneaky hidden message within the song, right?

Return to “Member Input & Requests”