I'm using Gmail

A place for internet issues, PC's, lapdogs, iWhatever's, smart phones, etc.
Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

I'm using Gmail

Post by Bell 407 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:34 am

I'm using Gmail

To be honest, I never thought I would hear myself says these words. I have been with a smallish ISP for about 15 years with my own domain and associated email addy. But over the past couple of years they have been experiencing some serious problems with spam. I was receiving some truly choice crap filling up my inbox with about 30 emails a day.

No amount of telling my Outlook that they were spam solved the problem. I would then resort to sending them the emails that I was receiving to be blocked on their side. But then I got problems with Vodacom on my data line as they saw my forwarding of spam emails to my ISP as me being a spammer myself. Took for ages for that to get sorted out.

So I decided to try Gmail. Did quite a bit of research and found many positive things about the system. Not to mention their spam filtering - to date, I have not received a single spam email and I have been operating for nearly a month now. The mobile app on my phone is great plus you can get Outlook to use Gmail so essentially I am no worse off than I was before I switched from my ISP.

I suppose time will tell just how usefull Gmail is but I do hope it will remain my email system of choice if the past month is anything to go by.

Anybody else using Gmail? Pro's or Con's?

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
United Arab Emirates

Re: I'm using Gmail

Post by Moertoe Pilut » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:38 am

I've been using Gmail for over a year and have yet to get any Spam. :thumbs:

Raffles
Site Admin
Burkina Faso

Post by Raffles » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:52 pm

G-Spot Mail!

I use Hotmail, Yahoo and Gmail and they all seem about the same to me.
They all filter spam out but sometimes have a false positive.

Raffles
Site Admin
Burkina Faso

Post by Raffles » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:55 pm

Moertoe Pilut wrote:I've been using Gmail for over a year and have yet to get any Spam. :thumbs:

You've got to be "spammable" to receive spam, so yor ok :burner: :burner: :burner:

87Juliet
1000 feet Poster
South Africa

Post by 87Juliet » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:48 am

Been using gmail for maybe 10 years now and I'm happy. I can access email anywhere on the planet and the spam filter works great.

I also have an aol account for the slightly more "sensitive" communication as aol doesn't get "monitored" by the various three-letter acronym agencies....

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Post by Bell 407 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:53 am

87Juliet wrote:I also have an aol account for the slightly more "sensitive" communication as aol doesn't get "monitored" by the various three-letter acronym agencies....

:thinking: :thinking: