The South African rand is crashing after reports the finance minister might be arrested

You came to the right place to discuss, moan and complain about government and their politicians who do nothing, except for freeloading and filling their own pockets. Enjoy and please, don't hold back.
Raffles
Site Admin
Burkina Faso

The South African rand is crashing after reports the finance minister might be arrested

Post by Raffles » Wed May 18, 2016 10:30 pm

Our fuddy rucker Alibaba and his merry band of thieves are slowly but surely driving the country into oblivion.

:furious: :curse: :furious: :efyou: :furious: :kissmyass:

Business Insider

The South African rand is crashing after reports the finance minister might be arrested.

The rand is down by 1.6% at 15.6623 per dollar, its lowest level since mid-March, as of 9:44 a.m. ET. It dropped by as much as 2.1% to 15.7275 minutes earlier.

This follows reports that Finance Minister Pravin Gordhan is set to be arrested over "alleged irregularities at the nation’s revenue service," according to Bloomberg.

Although, a Reuters report noted that President Jacob Zuma's office denied that the minister would be arrested on Sunday.

"Due to a combination of weak fundamentals and rising political risk, the South African rand has underperformed this year. This should continue as both of these drivers are likely to intensify in the coming weeks," argued Marc Chandler, the global head of currency strategy at Brown Brothers Harriman, in a note to clients.

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
United Arab Emirates

Re: The South African rand is crashing after reports the finance minister might be arrested

Post by Moertoe Pilut » Thu May 19, 2016 7:06 am

Every time he opens his mouth it costs me a few thousand Rand here and there. I'm getting tired of this farking idiot.

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Re: The South African rand is crashing after reports the finance minister might be arrested

Post by Bell 407 » Thu May 19, 2016 7:16 am

Moertoe Pilut wrote:Every time he opens his mouth it costs me a few thousand Rand here and there. I'm getting tired of this farking idiot.

It really is pathetic what one man is doing.