Moré / Hoezit / Morning / Hosh Pagamies ... 2018

Our braai area. The place were we all stand around the fire and talk.
howie
Engine Starting Poster
South Africa

Moré / Hoezit / Morning / Hosh Pagamies ... 2018

Post by howie » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:26 pm

OH Well lets try and start this again.

Good Afternoon from a sunny Slaapstad. Hoping we do something with respect to the cricket today.

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Re: Moré / Hoezit / Morning / Hosh Pagamies ... 2018

Post by Bell 407 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Thanks Howie, forgot to create a new one for 2018. Have moved your post here.

Here's hoping the cricket goes well for us today. Currently 242/7 I see.

Raffles
Site Admin
Burkina Faso

Post by Raffles » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:58 pm

Who's playing? Where? Have they scored any goals yet?

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Post by Bell 407 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 am

Raffles wrote:Who's playing? Where? Have they scored any goals yet?

:haha: :haha:

great dane
1000 feet Poster
Denmark

Post by great dane » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:57 pm

Raffles wrote:Who's playing? Where? Have they scored any goals yet?

Baseball without hotdogs I believe :yikes:

howie
Engine Starting Poster
South Africa

Post by howie » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:49 am

Very windy in the mother city today, as we head towards Day ZERO.

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Post by Bell 407 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:25 pm

howie wrote:Very windy in the mother city today, as we head towards Day ZERO.

Howie, I feel for you guys. I really do not know what its going to be like come day zero. Any indication on what the prediction for winter rainfall is this year?

howie
Engine Starting Poster
South Africa

Post by howie » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:26 pm

Bell 407 wrote:
howie wrote:Very windy in the mother city today, as we head towards Day ZERO.

Howie, I feel for you guys. I really do not know what its going to be like come day zero. Any indication on what the prediction for winter rainfall is this year?

Sorry guys been away and only saw the post now. At this stage there are no predictions at all, bar, that Day Zero has been pushed back to around 16 April. 4 days grace as the agricultural sector used less than anticipated in the last couple of days.

As of tomorrow, we are down to 50 litres per person per day, taking into consideration that a toilet flush = 9 litres +- So we shower in buckets, and the water is used for flushing. I and a lot of other guys cannot run our pool pumps as the water is below the weir, and we also cannot backwash.

Other than that we are entertained by the Local, Regional and National politicians all pointing fingers and the blame at one another, so next years National Elections are going to have a couple of curved balls thrown, down here in the south.

The water problem is serious, however, the water police pounce on the soft targets, and are too scared to go into black areas where car washes are very busy and plentiful. Show me a dirty taxi!!!!!

Until then, pasta is off the menu as it needs too much water, but Jan Looper(met ys ja) is the order of the day.

Raffles
Site Admin
Burkina Faso

Post by Raffles » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:37 pm

When I lived in Libreville I didn't have a water connection so all my water I brought to the house in two 35 liter plastic jerrycans. I also harvested water from the airconditioner which I passed through a sand filter. Collected rainwater too, but obviously not possible in CT since there is no rain.

87Juliet
1000 feet Poster
South Africa

Post by 87Juliet » Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:38 am

Top of the morning chaps... Super early start this morning, left home at 04h45 to bring Mommy's 2002 Corolla into town for some TLC (metal on metal on the brakes there....)

Mr407, can you perhaps dig up some history for us? When was it that the Vaal Dam hit 13%? 1992/3/4? I do recall that on the 30th of November of the year the "experts" all proclaimed it would take 7 years of above average/abnormal rainfall for the Vaal Dam to once again hit 100%... On 15 December they had to open the sluices due to overflow.... I recall a number of 4500m3 of water per minute running through the sluices... 13% to 110% in 15 days... And I get slammed for my skeptical distrust in the weather "experts"... #justsaying

For what it's worth, life has been super challenging for some time now, the details of which aren't particularly relevant but the situation encompasses every part of my life to the point that my career with the OOOO brand is coming to an end. I AM grateful though that I can absolutely confirm that my wife and I have reconciled (albeit plenty healing and restoration must still happen) and my family is intact.

So, here's the kicker... I need to get out of the Cape Town city environment and find alternative employment in either the Helderberg basin or Stellenbosch. Would you all mind to keep your ears to the ground and if anything pops up let me know? I'm a professional salesperson, ideally motor-trade as this has been my specialty for 15 years. I'm not adverse to industry change, just needs to be financially viable. I need more time with my family, the commute into CT doesnt do that as I'm normally out of home by 05h15 and only get back home after 19h00.

At least there's wet weather predicted for the next couple of days, let's hope we get the 50mm that was forecast (again, I don't believe a damn thing these weather people say!)

87J

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Post by Bell 407 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:51 pm

87Juliet wrote:For what it's worth, life has been super challenging for some time now, the details of which aren't particularly relevant but the situation encompasses every part of my life to the point that my career with the OOOO brand is coming to an end. I AM grateful though that I can absolutely confirm that my wife and I have reconciled (albeit plenty healing and restoration must still happen) and my family is intact.

That is awesome news 87J. Not easy to do and as you say, still lots of hard work needed. Good luck with the job hunting and will keep an ear out for you :cool2:

Raffles
Site Admin
Burkina Faso

Post by Raffles » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:51 pm

You could always start your own business :thinking:

87Juliet
1000 feet Poster
South Africa

Post by 87Juliet » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:28 pm

Raffles wrote:You could always start your own business :thinking:

I'll be brutally honest and say I don't have the balls...

howie
Engine Starting Poster
South Africa

Post by howie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:50 pm

87Juliet wrote:For what it's worth, life has been super challenging for some time now, the details of which aren't particularly relevant but the situation encompasses every part of my life to the point that my career with the OOOO brand is coming to an end. I AM grateful though that I can absolutely confirm that my wife and I have reconciled (albeit plenty healing and restoration must still happen) and my family is intact.
Hang in there Boet. Glad to hear that things are on the mend, although I didn't know that things were not kosher. If I hear of anything will let you know.

I hear what you say about the travelling time, and difficult to weigh up priorities, when you are bringing in an income. I traveled for 5 years on a weekly basis from Cape Town to Joburg. Not easy and lots of sacrifices.

Hang in there and use all friends and family contacts to help the healing and restoration. Good Luck.

If we have to queue for our water, there will be the need for someone to deliver, carry the water. I have seen plenty of people buying 5-6 25l containers. 25L is damn heavy.

howie
Engine Starting Poster
South Africa

Post by howie » Sat May 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Hi All

Been hovering for the last week or two. Very quite here at the moment. Havnt seen any RIP's so whats going on. Happy Skipper or Sad Skipper. 87 Romeo or Juliet, Jaffles, BEE Pilot et al and all the rest. Seems we need to have a weekly roll call.

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Post by Bell 407 » Sat May 05, 2018 4:10 pm

Greetings Howie, yip, visits to the site have seriously nosedived. Members are around but they are apparently all very busy. But hope you guys are all surviving in the Cape and hoping for more winter rain :champion:

Raffles
Site Admin
Burkina Faso

Post by Raffles » Sat May 05, 2018 11:02 pm

Raffles is here no worries :friends: :dance:

Sorry the traffic is down :thinking:
hoping it will pick up.

howie
Engine Starting Poster
South Africa

Post by howie » Mon May 07, 2018 4:47 pm

Great. All well down here and hoping for some rain today. Will keep you informed. Cheers

Propnut
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Post by Propnut » Tue May 08, 2018 10:09 am

Well I am still keeping Durban busy, although my monthly trips to Pretoria/Magalies do take me out of the loop for a while. Between the grandchildren and the animals on the plot the laptop takes a huge nosedive.

howie
Engine Starting Poster
South Africa

Post by howie » Tue May 08, 2018 11:09 am

At least some of us are still breathing. Where is the plot Propnut