Moré / Hoezit / Morning / Hosh Pagamies ... 2018

Our braai area. The place were we all stand around the fire and talk.
Propnut
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Re: Moré / Hoezit / Morning / Hosh Pagamies ... 2018

Post by Propnut » Wed May 09, 2018 8:03 am

The family is our on a plot in Mnandi, west Magalies side of Pretoria,near the Copperleaf Golf Estate. With Eagle Creek close by there is a lit of light and micro aircraft activity, especially over the weekends. Helicopters track across the plot towards Hartebeestport Dam on a daily basis.

howie
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Post by howie » Thu May 10, 2018 2:12 pm

Sounds great.

Cheers

Howard

87Juliet
1000 feet Poster
South Africa

Post by 87Juliet » Wed May 23, 2018 9:59 am

Morning folks. Seems I end up chatting to most of you via the WA group lately...

So I'm at a serious crossroads, the premium segment is dead, this will be month 3 of no income and I have to make a decision. The volume brands seem to be the place to go and that's the idea at the moment. If I could get out of the motor trade I would but it's a lot easier said than done. I don't own a motor car, I get medical and and and... The other question is what the hell do I do??? I'd love to get back into aviation but we all know that is a pie in the sky idea.

The bigger objective is to be able to spend more time with my family, this 14 hours a day thing for the last umpteen years has taken it's toll on us and it's time to change that. I'll never get the time back with my kids whilst they're young and I owe it to them too.

So, send some prayers upstairs please. Maybe some reciprocal help will come my way after all the people i've helped get back on their feet over the years, I don't believe karma is only applicable to negative things.

Raffles
Site Admin
Burkina Faso

Post by Raffles » Wed May 23, 2018 10:03 am

Good morning Propnut, I sent you a picture on Skype a while back.

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Post by Bell 407 » Wed May 23, 2018 10:11 am

87Juliet wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:59 am
Morning folks. Seems I end up chatting to most of you via the WA group lately...

So I'm at a serious crossroads, the premium segment is dead, this will be month 3 of no income and I have to make a decision. The volume brands seem to be the place to go and that's the idea at the moment. If I could get out of the motor trade I would but it's a lot easier said than done. I don't own a motor car, I get medical and and and... The other question is what the hell do I do??? I'd love to get back into aviation but we all know that is a pie in the sky idea.

The bigger objective is to be able to spend more time with my family, this 14 hours a day thing for the last umpteen years has taken it's toll on us and it's time to change that. I'll never get the time back with my kids whilst they're young and I owe it to them too.

So, send some prayers upstairs please. Maybe some reciprocal help will come my way after all the people i've helped get back on their feet over the years, I don't believe karma is only applicable to negative things.
87J, it's such a tricky one wanting to make such a big change in your life at this stage. However, yiou have to do what you have to do. Premium selling is always going to be hard especially in this climate. So maybe the volume brands is where you need to head. Would volume brands give you more time instead of doing the 14hrs per day thing?

Wishing you much strongs and do believe it will sort itself out for you :good:

Propnut
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Post by Propnut » Fri May 25, 2018 9:29 am

Raffles wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 10:03 am
Good morning Propnut, I sent you a picture on Skype a while back.
Got the horse picture, thanks. The family grows up so fast, you will soon be walking down the isle. :outtahere:

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
United Arab Emirates

Post by Moertoe Pilut » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi peeps! I haven't been on the site for a long time, mainly because of the move and work, work work, and work.

I left SA on the 16th of March and started my training in DXB on the 18th of March. By May 25th I was signed out and online (the most hectic training I have ever done). Meanwhile they fly me on average around 80 hours a month with some nicely spread out days off.

I haven't flown the MAX yet, but that is by choice, I need to complete an online training session and exam and than you're good to go on the MAX. The MAX does a lot of night-stops, therefore I haven't bothered taking the exam yet but I think they'll pressure me into taking the exam soon.

Life here is great, everything works and most stuff is done either online or on the phone. DXB is quite expensive so one has to be careful on what you spend your hard earned money on. Other than that it is fantastic here.

I'll try to take some pics with my phone and post them. I have to be careful what I post as they don't like things going public. The Go-Pro is a NO NO, so I can't take any videos.

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Post by Bell 407 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:52 pm

Greetings Moertoe, great to hear from. Sounds hectic indeed all that training. I know you are not on the MAX yet but would really love to hear what it is like to fly when you do get there.

Understand about the pictures so those that you do post will be much appreciated.

:clap: :yeeha:

howie
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Post by howie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:14 am

Moertoe Pilut wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:49 pm
Hi peeps! I haven't been on the site for a long time, mainly because of the move and work, work work, and work.

I left SA on the 16th of March and started my training in DXB on the 18th of March. By May 25th I was signed out and online (the most hectic training I have ever done). Meanwhile they fly me on average around 80 hours a month with some nicely spread out days off.

I haven't flown the MAX yet, but that is by choice, I need to complete an online training session and exam and than you're good to go on the MAX. The MAX does a lot of night-stops, therefore I haven't bothered taking the exam yet but I think they'll pressure me into taking the exam soon.

Life here is great, everything works and most stuff is done either online or on the phone. DXB is quite expensive so one has to be careful on what you spend your hard earned money on. Other than that it is fantastic here.

I'll try to take some pics with my phone and post them. I have to be careful what I post as they don't like things going public. The Go-Pro is a NO NO, so I can't take any videos.
:pine:

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Post by Bell 407 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:39 am

Morning Howie :haha:

howie
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Post by howie » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:30 pm

Bell 407 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:39 am
Morning Howie :haha:
Good Afternoon and welcome to week 30 of the year.

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
United Arab Emirates

Post by Moertoe Pilut » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:20 am

Morning guys, trust you're not too cold? A whopping 40ºC here already...Since its my off day, I'm planning on cooking an early steak dinner with some fine 1664's :beer:

howie
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Post by howie » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:42 pm

A whopping 40C wow. Around 22 odd in slaapstad with a slight NW.

Drizzle south of the punt moving over to Hermanus. Biggish rains due according to ventusky around 5 am and big rains in the catchment area Ceres and all.

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Post by Bell 407 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:53 pm

I see the overall figure for the WC dams is over 50%. This time last year it was 26% :good: :good: :good:

Propnut
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Post by Propnut » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:06 am

Watching the Pretoria weather as it starts to warm up. We are due for our annual birthday trek to the plot for the month of September.

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Post by Bell 407 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:34 am

Yip, I see that too. Daytime yesterday was lovely in Joburg.

Enjoy the September trip Proppies :thumbsup:

howie
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Post by howie » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:13 pm

Bell 407 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:53 pm
I see the overall figure for the WC dams is over 50%. This time last year it was 26% :good: :good: :good:
Yip guys drinking their Scotch neat. Yip the dam levels just about double on last year. If we get to around 65% then we should be ok until other measures come into place. This thing of the conveyor belt from Eastern Cape to the big City doesnt help. Poor and unemployed doesnt always help, as it puts a lot of pressure on resources.

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
United Arab Emirates

Post by Moertoe Pilut » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:17 pm

Are you guys still under heavy water restrictions in the cape??

howie
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Post by howie » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:37 pm

Moertoe Pilut wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:17 pm
Are you guys still under heavy water restrictions in the cape??
YES. No change. We still only allowed 50l per person per day, that is the formal areas, hate to know how much wastage goes on in the informal areas. Believe that Taxis are washed on a daily basis with hosepipes and law enforcement too scared to take them on.

Still shower in a bucket, i have had enough of this. 1st World Country having a 3rd World shower. Use the grey water to flush the toilets. EISH

My pool pump ran for the first time in 18 months at the beginning of June. What a pleasure and a blue pool. Problem is that its toooooo cold to swim. The dams are looking great and more wet weather from Thursdays night in the catchment areas.

Well until my next 2 min shower--Totsiens :flush:

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
United Arab Emirates

Post by Moertoe Pilut » Wed Jul 25, 2018 3:34 pm

So it went down to 50L? When I was there in March I think it was something like 75L per household member. We also had to shower with the bucket and use it to flush our toilets. Dubai's water comes from a desalinisation plant and certainly doesn't taste great. Everyone looses a lot of their hair here which is claimed to be caused by that water.