FSX on Steam

An area where you can post the latest news/photographs relating to virtual aviation.
Propnut
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

FSX on Steam

Postby Propnut » Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:26 pm

When I upgraded my PC hardware I decided to run Windows 10. X-Plane worked like I expected, but for some reason FSX failed to load, despite my best efforts. As I have been a Microsoft Sim fan since it first came out I really missed my old friend that has inspired me for nearly 20 years. About a year ago I noticed on Steam that they had just released a Steam version of Microsoft's FSX and it was selling for around R340. I duly put it onto my wishlist and almost forgot about it as the price was always high.

Opening my email up on Fathers day, there is a notification from Steam that an item on my wishlist is on special. There it was, FSX at a 75% discount, now selling for R79.95 Whispering sweet nothings into my dearest's ears she soon blushed a bright pink and agreed to the purchase. Within 5 minutes the confirmation of my purchase of FSX was safely in my inbox. Now a quick download and I would be back in the air.

10.4GB and 12 hours later the overnight download was complete and ready to install. Today I installed the Steam version of FSX and all is well and working. I managed to find an old DVD that had all my improved South African scenery on it. Crossed my fingers, overwrote all the files when asked, and now I have a really visually appealing version of FSX running under Windows 10. As soon as I have done a little more tweaking I will post a snapshot of what the fuss was all about.

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Re: FSX on Steam

Postby Bell 407 » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:27 pm

Proppies, I am pleased to hear the Missus bought you such a nice present for Father's Day :champion:

Will be keen to see some of your screenshots when you are able to post :thinking:

Raffles
Site Admin
Burkina Faso

Postby Raffles » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:35 am

Happy Father's Day Propnut!

Joeatc
Engine Run Up Poster
Argentina

Postby Joeatc » Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:11 am

I'm also a fan of FS but have not used it in years. Will FS2004 work on Win 10 ?

Propnut
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Postby Propnut » Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:39 pm

I haven't used FS2004 in years, but I can see no reason that it will not work under Windows 10. I have been told though by others that the forums are full of disappointed FSX users struggling to get the sim to work under Windows 10. I just took a chance to get it working running the sim through the Steam release. Now I am converting some of my better FS2004 aircraft to work under FSX.

Today I just converted a B-24 Liberator and the screen shot is taken in San Francisco. Miserable weather though with fog rolling in off the sea.

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Postby Bell 407 » Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:15 pm

Propnut wrote:I just converted a B-24 Liberator and the screen shot is taken in San Francisco.

Very nice indeed :champion:

Return to “Virtual Aviation Hangar”