Seen at Off-Airport Locations

Post your own aviation related photographs here or post links to other interesting on-line pictures.
User avatar
87Juliet
1000 feet Poster
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:00 am
Location: V&A Waterfront
Contact:
South Africa

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#41

Postby 87Juliet » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:55 pm

Ok, so you in Kelderhof then? Moved out of there at the end of October last year... Couldn't deal with the damp anymore...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vorsprung! Zer0-Eight-Two_Niner_Fower_wun-7-Zero-Ate-Too

Downwind
Engine Starting Poster
Posts: 84
Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:09 pm
Location: Downwind to runway 01, FACT.
Great Britain

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#42

Postby Downwind » Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:10 pm

87Juliet wrote:Ok, so you in Kelderhof then? Moved out of there at the end of October last year... Couldn't deal with the damp anymore...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


We've been lucky so far!

User avatar
Bell 407
Site Admin
Posts: 5334
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Johannesburg
South Africa

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#43

Postby Bell 407 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:45 pm

The chaps from HeliMedia and Cashmere Aviation working together with an NAC machine ZS-CGV doing the aerial filming for the new Top Gear series in the Sani Pass area.

Image

User avatar
87Juliet
1000 feet Poster
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:00 am
Location: V&A Waterfront
Contact:
South Africa

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#44

Postby 87Juliet » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:39 pm

I'll have to get some inside gen from Skip then....

User avatar
great dane
1000 feet Poster
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:35 am
Location: The Capital
Contact:
Denmark

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#45

Postby great dane » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:30 pm

A7-BCW Boeing 787-8 Qatar Airways going into FACT as seen from the Table Mountain

ImageA7-BCW-03Mar16-FACT by Aviation Adventures South Africa, on Flickr

User avatar
Bell 407
Site Admin
Posts: 5334
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Johannesburg
South Africa

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#46

Postby Bell 407 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 8:11 am

great dane wrote:A7-BCW Boeing 787-8 Qatar Airways going into FACT as seen from the Table Mountain

Very nice pic GD. How was your trip up the Mountain?

User avatar
great dane
1000 feet Poster
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:35 am
Location: The Capital
Contact:
Denmark

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#47

Postby great dane » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:15 am

Bell 407 wrote:
great dane wrote:A7-BCW Boeing 787-8 Qatar Airways going into FACT as seen from the Table Mountain

Very nice pic GD. How was your trip up the Mountain?

Was nice, but with cable car a little too mass tourism to me. Nice 'helicopter' view of town though :biggrin:
The clouds in the back was where the 787 appeared, so long lens was needed. :surrender:
Image

User avatar
great dane
1000 feet Poster
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:35 am
Location: The Capital
Contact:
Denmark

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#48

Postby great dane » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:29 am

Also SAAF 405 C-130BZ Hercules was playing around.

First spotted in the mountains from our cottage at Boschendal between Franschhoek and Stellenbosch. If only a pass like that could be predicted I see possibilities for a Wales, Mach Loop style shoot. Was of course caught off guard with wrong settings (F40!) on camera, was far away and I have removed some of the dust.

Image

The Herk was seen again the following day from Table Mountain when departing Ysterplaat. Also two Turbo Daks and an Oryx on deck. Another dak is hiding in the threes at Ratanga Junction just beyond the airfield.

Image

User avatar
Bell 407
Site Admin
Posts: 5334
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Johannesburg
South Africa

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#49

Postby Bell 407 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:34 am

Jeepers GD, amazing to get those shots. Can clearly see the detail even though so far away. What lens were you using?

I know what you mean about being prepared at all times to take a picture. But often you can't keep the camera hanging around your neck all the time. Not only do you look like a tonsil but it gets a bit heavy as well :haha: :haha:

User avatar
great dane
1000 feet Poster
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:35 am
Location: The Capital
Contact:
Denmark

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#50

Postby great dane » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:17 am

Bell 407 wrote:Jeepers GD, amazing to get those shots. Can clearly see the detail even though so far away. What lens were you using?

The new 100-400mm on max zoom. needed this 1200mm one though
Image

User avatar
Bell 407
Site Admin
Posts: 5334
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Johannesburg
South Africa

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#51

Postby Bell 407 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:19 am

:haha: :haha:

User avatar
87Juliet
1000 feet Poster
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:00 am
Location: V&A Waterfront
Contact:
South Africa

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#52

Postby 87Juliet » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:16 pm

great dane wrote:
Bell 407 wrote:Jeepers GD, amazing to get those shots. Can clearly see the detail even though so far away. What lens were you using?

The new 100-400mm on max zoom. needed this 1200mm one though
Image


I don't see a camera lens..... Is there one?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Vorsprung! Zer0-Eight-Two_Niner_Fower_wun-7-Zero-Ate-Too

User avatar
Bell 407
Site Admin
Posts: 5334
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Johannesburg
South Africa

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#53

Postby Bell 407 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:01 pm

87Juliet wrote:I don't see a camera lens..... Is there one?

Apparently yes, if you look under the words "World of Sports" you will see it there - it's a bit camouflaged :haha:

User avatar
87Juliet
1000 feet Poster
Posts: 1210
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:00 am
Location: V&A Waterfront
Contact:
South Africa

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#54

Postby 87Juliet » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Bell 407 wrote:
87Juliet wrote:I don't see a camera lens..... Is there one?

Apparently yes, if you look under the words "World of Sports" you will see it there - it's a bit camouflaged :haha:


sorry... missed it completely....

User avatar
Bell 407
Site Admin
Posts: 5334
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Johannesburg
South Africa

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#55

Postby Bell 407 » Fri May 06, 2016 7:46 am

From a colleague of mine this morning flying in ZS-STS (Embraer EMB500 Phenom 100) inbound to FALA over the Vaal River at Sasolburg. You can clearly see the mist following the river course.

Image

Image

User avatar
great dane
1000 feet Poster
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:35 am
Location: The Capital
Contact:
Denmark

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#56

Postby great dane » Fri May 06, 2016 8:06 am

Bell 407 wrote:From a colleague of mine this morning flying in ZS-STS (Embraer EMB500 Phenom 100) inbound to FALA over the Vaal River at Sasolburg. You can clearly see the mist following the river course.

Nice, awesome looking little jet :good:

Was by far the coolest of the VLJs for many years but is now getting competition from Honda and Pilatus.

User avatar
Bell 407
Site Admin
Posts: 5334
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Johannesburg
South Africa

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#57

Postby Bell 407 » Fri May 06, 2016 8:07 am

great dane wrote:Was by far the coolest of the VLJs for many years but is now getting competition from Honda and Pilatus.

Agreed. But I'm not so sure how the Pilatus jet will pan out :thinking:

User avatar
great dane
1000 feet Poster
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:35 am
Location: The Capital
Contact:
Denmark

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#58

Postby great dane » Fri May 06, 2016 8:10 am

Bell 407 wrote:
great dane wrote:Was by far the coolest of the VLJs for many years but is now getting competition from Honda and Pilatus.

Agreed. But I'm not so sure how the Pilatus jet will pan out :thinking:

Still think first deliveries are planed next year, hope to see it at EBACE, even if at a distance as entry to the show is too difficult :sunglasses:

User avatar
great dane
1000 feet Poster
Posts: 1570
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:35 am
Location: The Capital
Contact:
Denmark

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#59

Postby great dane » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:44 am

Unusual formation passing the window in the distance this morning. Two PC-6s and a MD500E from the Police Air Wing
ZS-MSZ, ZS-NIV and ZS-RFI

Image

User avatar
Bell 407
Site Admin
Posts: 5334
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:35 am
Location: Johannesburg
South Africa

Re: Seen at Off-Airport Locations

#60

Postby Bell 407 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:46 am

GD didn't know that the Airwing still had operational MD's?


Return to “Aviation Photography”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest