Joe ATC

A section specially for our ATCO's. A chance for pilots to interact and discuss issues with our Big Brother of the skies.
Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Joe ATC

Postby Moertoe Pilut » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi Joe! We're trying to find out if you're on duty at BGW. We're doing some RJA flying from AMM to BGW. Coming in in about 2 hours as RJA814.

Joeatc
Engine Run Up Poster
Argentina

Re: Joe ATC

Postby Joeatc » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:27 am

Damn, think we missed you. There is another boertjie in the TWR, just ask for Andre. I'm over at the academy, doing some teaching. Unless you do a night stop, we will not be able to get to you.

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Postby Moertoe Pilut » Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:33 pm

On the way out I got a vectored departure. Took me right over the city, I guess it's safe there now?

Joeatc
Engine Run Up Poster
Argentina

Postby Joeatc » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:40 pm

All the departures are subject to wherever the perceived threat area may be, based on intel received from the military liason people. You will always therefore get the safest route out. Having said that, we have had instances (twice in 4 years) of rockets crossing the arrival/departure paths without warning....so anything is possible really. Now that ISIS has dispersed among the population...who knows ? We watch with bated breath. By the way, remember the FDB that took a hit from a bullet? well that was from a party celebrating a football win over Iran I think. Hulle skiet mos in die lug in as daar iets is om te 'celebrate'.... mal donners :um:

gear up
Taxying Poster
South Africa

Postby gear up » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:56 pm

Joeatc wrote:All the departures are subject to wherever the perceived threat area may be, based on intel received from the military liason people. You will always therefore get the safest route out. Having said that, we have had instances (twice in 4 years) of rockets crossing the arrival/departure paths without warning....so anything is possible really. Now that ISIS has dispersed among the population...who knows ? We watch with bated breath. By the way, remember the FDB that took a hit from a bullet? well that was from a party celebrating a football win over Iran I think. Hulle skiet mos in die lug in as daar iets is om te 'celebrate'.... mal donners :um:

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: made my day :haha: :haha: p :haha: :haha:
Dylan Cunha

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Postby Moertoe Pilut » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:38 am

I guess the safest practice is still to come in/depart with all our lights off at night?

Joeatc
Engine Run Up Poster
Argentina

Postby Joeatc » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:11 pm

Moertoe Pilut wrote:I guess the safest practice is still to come in/depart with all our lights off at night?

The military do that all the time.

Return to “Air Traffic Control (ATC)”