For Flight Attendants, High Fashion Goes the Way of Free Peanuts

Your own space for those hard working boys and girls in the cabin.
Kerry R
South Africa

For Flight Attendants, High Fashion Goes the Way of Free Peanuts

Post by Kerry R » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:04 pm

If it is indeed true that you are what you wear, then consider the statement American Airlines recently made when, as part of its postmerger rebranding, it unveiled prototype uniforms for its flight attendants and other employees.
The color is charcoal gray — and lots of it. Gray dresses. Gray skirts. Gray jackets. Gray pants. Gray sweaters. For an accent color, the airline chose a muted shade of silver — gray’s flamboyant cousin.
These prototype uniforms, a not-so-daring departure from the standard navy that even Southwest (once the quirky outlier of domestic carriers) has adopted, are a reflection of an industry that is being defined by less comfort, more fees and dwindling competition.
There is no need to stand out — and so American, and others, do not.
“The tailoring is certainly nice looking, but gray isn’t the most confident choice of color,â€

avi-addict
Taxying Poster

Re: For Flight Attendants, High Fashion Goes the Way of Free Peanuts

Post by avi-addict » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:03 pm

Personally, I just love grey - one ca mix-n-match it with any color and it looks good. It resembles sophistication and professoinalism that is if it's stylish and of durable and good fabric. One can always dolly it up with a colorful blouse or scarf. I LIKE GREY.

If you can't convince them, confuse them or cast a spell over them.  I'm the witch, then there's the cat and the broom . . .