Kyalami under the hammer today.

Anything and everything to do with sport can be discussed here.
avi-addict
Taxying Poster

Kyalami under the hammer today.

Post by avi-addict » Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:44 am

Will Kyalami fetch R200m?

24 July 2014 8:49
The Kyalami race circuit, which has been liquidated, will be auctioned in Hyde Park, Joburg, today.

The world-famous racetrack has hosted racing greats including Ayrton Senna, Nigel Mansell and Alain Prost.

Farm Bothasfontein, better known as Kyalami, is a 72-hectare property in Midrand.

The High Street Auction Co, which is conducting the auction, has said that the Kyalami auction would be the country’s first race track auction.

Last Thursday, the company’s joint managing director Lance Chalwin-Milton said in a statement that the auction would go ahead, following a court application seeking to prevent it.

Eleven applicants had contended that they had certain rights to the Kyalami track, but these claims were either waived by agreement or abandoned.

The court ordered that the auction proceed, but the reserve price was revised to R200 million from R129 million. It was previously reported that there would be no reserve.

-Sapa

If you can't convince them, confuse them or cast a spell over them.  I'm the witch, then there's the cat and the broom . . .

Raffles
Site Admin
Burkina Faso

Re: Kyalami under the hammer today.

Post by Raffles » Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:37 am

I hope I'm wrong but I see another industrial park or estate going up.

Hindsight is what you see from the tail gunner's position. :D

avi-addict
Taxying Poster

Re: Kyalami under the hammer today.

Post by avi-addict » Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:10 pm

[quote="Raffles"]
I hope I'm wrong but I see another industrial park or estate going up.
[/quote]

Not to worry Raff - it will remain as a race circuit.

If you can't convince them, confuse them or cast a spell over them.  I'm the witch, then there's the cat and the broom . . .