Kevin Pietersen's England departure is an incredible decision which Alastair Cook may come to rue

Anything and everything to do with sport can be discussed here.
Millie7
Engine Run Up Poster

Kevin Pietersen's England departure is an incredible decision which Alastair Cook may come to rue

Postby Millie7 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:29 pm

An interesting article by Shane Warne:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cricke ... o-rue.html

Pine
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Re: Kevin Pietersen's England departure is an incredible decision which Alastair Cook may come to ru

Postby Pine » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:28 am

Very interesting article.  Could lead to some quite lengthy discussions.

My point of view: 

I'll be very blunt - I don't like either Kevin Pietersen or Shane Warne.  However, both are/were excellent cricketers.
Cook is a good cricketer but in my opinion, not a good captain.
To go to "war" with a player like Pietersen, can be suicide, especially if the captain isn't buddy-buddy with him.  A player whose performance is dependant on how much he is patted, should rather stay away from the pitch.  A player who wants to throw a tantrum everytime things are not going his way, should rather stay away from the pitch.

Conclussion:  Pietersen should rather stay away from the pitch.  :whistle: 
Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant.

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Re: Kevin Pietersen's England departure is an incredible decision which Alastair Cook may come to ru

Postby Bell 407 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:59 am

I'm only allowed to refer to KP as a w@nker once a day whenever he is on telly. My wife won't tolerate more w@nkers being shouted out in the house. The same goes for Tiger Woods.

knobbies
Engine Starting Poster

Postby knobbies » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:27 am

He's been called a maverick on other reports I have read, but the case stands that he is a prima donna and unless someone has a permanent, firm grip on his neck he is seemingly uncontrollable. That is no way to behave in a TEAM and as we all know, one player doesn't make a team.

Cheers, Kevin. Don't let the door hit you on the butt on the way out.

Bell 407
Site Admin
South Africa

Re: Kevin Pietersen's England departure is an incredible decision which Alastair Cook may come to rue

Postby Bell 407 » Sun Sep 13, 2015 4:06 pm

And I see now he has signed up for the KZN Dolphins as part of this seasons Ram Slam T20. He says: "He is ecstatic to be back home in the province of his birth" :nono:

Gooneybird
Engine Run Up Poster
South Africa

Re: Kevin Pietersen's England departure is an incredible decision which Alastair Cook may come to rue

Postby Gooneybird » Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:35 pm

What a "dilemma" for both English and Protea selectors!

He (KP) must be a "terrible" person for England not to consider selecting........AND........a HIGH priority for the Proteas to select with the upcoming English tour in December.

Kry vir julle..............! :nono:

Return to “SuperSport Bar”