FedEx revealed it will make billion dollar commitment to its logistics hub at Paris Charles de Gaulle

A section for our freight prowlers, aka the "Order Of The Sleepless Knights".
four engine jock
Engine Run Up Poster
Cuba

FedEx revealed it will make billion dollar commitment to its logistics hub at Paris Charles de Gaulle

Postby four engine jock » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:10 pm

Today FedEx revealed it will make billion dollar commitment to its logistics hub at Paris Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport, a move that will double the facility's capacity.

At an announcement ceremony held this morning at the Paris airport attended French president Francois Hollande, FedEx stated it will build a brand new 25,000 square meters of sorting facility that will open in 2019 and create 400 jobs.

With the new facility, FedEx also will extend its lease at CDG for 30-years.

FedEx Express has been active in France since 1985, with CDG becoming its main European hub in 1999 and the largest FedEx hub outside of the US.

Aircargo News

Interesting news to expand coming so soon after merger with TNT and inheriting its hub in nearby Liege, Belgium.

Raffles
Site Admin
Burkina Faso

Re: FedEx revealed it will make billion dollar commitment to its logistics hub at Paris Charles de Gaulle

Postby Raffles » Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:56 pm

I did the TNT operation out of Liege on 727 for a year.

Moertoe Pilut
2000 feet Poster
Netherlands

Re: FedEx revealed it will make billion dollar commitment to its logistics hub at Paris Charles de Gaulle

Postby Moertoe Pilut » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:10 am

I flew Aeropostal out of CDG years ago on the 8, most of the cargo was Fedex, is this an Aeropostal buy out?

Return to “Freight Dogs Anonymous (OOTSK)”